Monday, June 11, 2007

My phone

So i had to go to Ojuelegba (in Lagos) yesterday and because i live towards the badagry axis i take one of those long buses...just a few meters from orile i am sending a text to a pal, and i hear fire ,i look up and i actually SEE smoke up front so everyone is scrambling to get out of the bus at the same time,now that i have had time to think about it, i must have dropped my phone, whilst we were scrambling, the people around helped to put the fire out and GOD did same.............it started raining!i was just standing in the rain watching the bus...thirty minutes later,i remember my phone!!!!!!!!!!can't find it anywhere ,then i remember i was in a bank fifteen minutes before i took the bus(in Nigeria -Lagos at least where i live , customers are not allowed to use their phones in the banking halls,u are expected to switch it off,but i always put it on vibration so i can see any calls i miss whilst in the bank)so thing is my phone is still on vibration...someone notices me fidget and says did i loose something? and i say yes my phone....so someone else suggests lets call the phone, i warn them it is on vibration(the guy that was sitting beside me in the bus before the incident goes ohhhhhhh that your phone?and i say yes.....so we start to call, this is about 430pm and it is ringing ,someone else say it is obviously not in the water...(we are back in the bus-yes i went back in !!!!!!! because it is raining outside......i/we keep calling my phone..it keeps ringing..the people console me and we go our seperate ways-the bus,yes the bus starts again and takes us to mile two i would not have gone back into the bus but i am still reeling from my loss...i HAVE NEVER lost a phone-i guess there is a first time for everything......about my about an hour later (about 530pm)whoever is with my phone picks it up and goes he cant hear me..what the f***?????????????i can hear u loud and clear and it is obvious dude picked it from the floor when i dropped it probably didnt fall in the rain.i keep calling and he doesnt pick up i send 2sms and i go like please picks my call, info on the phone is priceless ,i try the GOD angle and the reward angle.he still doesnt pick my call, i dont know if he read the sms's i sent, at about 7pm i am no longer on the network so i am thinking,dude has taken my sim out and is probably the new owner of a nokia 6230i.the fone is about 3yrs old but i love it.so i wake up this morning..my wrists hurt and i have a bruise on my shin(not a bad one) i will go retrieve my sim from the service provider later today..i miss my phone...

1 comment:

Femme said...

welcome to my world. i probably have the best 'i lost my phone' stories in the world .used my first phone for 2 years,the next one for one week, the nest one for about 2 weeks.. the one befor my current for 1 year.now im on my 9th phone and ive had it for 3months. i pat my own back once in a while